Sunday, August 31, 2014

24 Hours at the Principe di Savoia


This pure Italian Grand Hotel is discretely located on Piazza Repubblica and is one of Milan's biggest hotels. I was a bit scared when I heard that they have nearly 300 rooms but this feeling was gone when I arrived and a very kind bellman welcomed me towards the front desk! Check-in was very efficient and fast, and afterwards I was accompanied to my amazing Ambassador Junior Suite. Of course, I was immediately impressed of the whole interior style of the Principe di Savoia!



Upon entering my Suite I felt that this room is completely different than all other room and suite categories, because all walls were wooden and gave this room the charme of rather staying in a luxe castle then at a huge world class city hotel. Did I already mention that I was arraving at 1.20 pm and I did nit have to wait to get to my room? This was a real exception during my trip (where I also stayed at the Hermitage Monaco and the Majestic Barriere in Cannes and they did not have the room ready when I was arriving)!



Back to Milan, I immediately fell in love with my Junior Suite and continued discovering the gorgeous bedroom as well as the famous mosaic tiled bath heaven! I can imagine that the bath was way bigger then the bedroom but I am not sure!


They also have a shuttle which runs to the center, but unfortunately I did not catch the last limousine departing on 18:30 because I went to the rooftop pool and fell asleep! Some recent guests already mentioned on tripadvisor to extend the shuttle hours, I would also agree, because Milan and its Duomo gets even more impressive at night!



The Health Club on the rooftop is quite luxurious with a proper sized indoor pool at the perfect temperature and a hot jacuzzi ensuite! Normally I am not the work-out-type but this fitness center was so impressive that even I couldn't resist - who would not spot the amazing sunset over a orange sky in Milan?



When I came back from the Spa, which is quite amazing by the way, I found myself in the living room with the most impressive welcome amentites I've ever received! Thanks a lot to the whole team of the Principe di Savoia! Another remarkable thing at this hotel is that they offer Acqua di Parma toiletries in their guest bathrooms and shaving asseccoires by AdP at the Spa, too!



To be honest, the hotel was so stunning, that I just wanted to leave this place all day!

After a very heavenly night in one of the best beds, I was hungry again and had no better idea then to have breakfast at Alcanto Restaurant! The service was very friendly and efficient, the restaurant elegant and luxurious, and the breakfast not enormous but of highest quality!



Try to get a bed and breakfast rate as the breakfast is quite heavy at 45.00 Euros per person! Also the Wi-Fi is not included and charged for 24 Euros per night!

I would like to take this opportunity to thank the Hotel Principe di Savoia Milano for the generous invitation and I would like to express that all above written is my personal opinion and experience!




No comments:

Post a Comment