Monday, June 16, 2014

Norway's Best Hotel or The Thief Hotel



Recently I have been to a trip to Norway and Sweden on an extended weekend in June. First I flew to Stockholm via Frankfurt and after a two night stay at the Grand I left the Venice of the North by flying to Oslo with Norwegian Air Shuttle, an airline to remember (they offered free Wi-Fi and unlimited onboard entertainment on your mobile or tablet device). After the arrival at Oslo Airport I took the Flytoget Airport High-Speed Train and within 20 minutes I reached Oslo Central Station. From there, an exclusive taxi (they only have modern Mercedes taxis - that's why they are so expensive :) ) brought me to my breath-taking Designhotel. After 5 minutes taxi drive and crossing a parking garage, I finally arrived at the coolest Luxury Hotel I have seen so far - The Thief.


After checking in I received one of their largest rooms and one of the only ones overlooking the Oslo Harbour. Everything is new and absolutely dazzling inside this little place of design heaven. In fact I love the design of Antonio Citterio (I love the Bulgari Hotels) and at the Thief, all furniture was desiged by Antonio Citterio and made by B&B Italia and Maxalto.



The room was bright and when I opened the curtains I had an impressive panorama and thanks to the cool design of this hotel, I could even see the other side of the harbor, which lies behind the hotel. Beside an enormously comfortable bed, a balcony, two comfortable chairs and a large entrée, there was also a stunning bathroom, which had a separate shower and separated toilet. When you walked into the bath in the nights, a cushioned light went on. 


But the best of all was really my view (I loved it so much), nearly all sights were at your fingertips: The old castle and the fortress, the harbour, the Oslo Fjord, the top of the Oslo Opera House as well as the Modern Museum in front of the hotel! Did I also mention that my room had an in-room shop? The Thief is probably the first hotel to offer such service in Europe, they have everything you need: socks, a white shirt, tie, hair spray, facial mask, earplugs, headsets, and even toothbrushes and hand creams. 


Beside all this luxury, a room at The Thief is also equipped with a Nespresso Coffee Machine (and plenty of capsules - I love if hotels are generous in all ways) and for turn-down-service in the evening, a bottle of hot water and tea arrives. Pure glam can also be found in the bathrooms: you can choose between neutral smelling toiletries by Carita Paris or either the colourful british branded ila bath amenities. I chose the option to try each night a different one, and I love both! This is also an excellent idea. From my point of view, this should be the case at all luxury hotels.


Last but not least I would like to mention the breakfast buffet. Although the quality of the products is very good and also all staff members are very helpful and kind, the buffet seems to be on the small side. And after strolling through it you soon notice that it really is. Scrambled eggs, omlettes and special wishes can be ordered in front of the cuisine or just tell your server - they are all happy to assist you.

The worst part of my stay was that I had to leave after two stunning nights at one of my latest favorite hotels. The check-out went fast, but unfortunately I did not receive any envelope nor an adequate bill with the hotel dates on it. 

Total points for my experience at The Thief: 9,0/10

Rooms start at 260,00 euros per room/night including breakfast.









1 comment: